Long-term goals and dreams are great, and those who know me know that I am all about them. While we can’t reach our big goals overnight, we certainly can take some small actions daily to improve our lives. Try some of these that I try to instill in my life daily.
1) Wake up earlier. When you wake up early, you won’t only become more productive, but you will also reduce the amount of stress in your life. Who doesn’t want less stress? Why not get your exercise done early in the morning before your work day starts!
2) Be organized and have a plan. When you write down a plan, your subconscious mind starts feeling more comfortable about what you can accomplish and as a result, you become more effective. I recommend you figure out the 3-4 things you should spend 80% of your time doing and then schedule them. I call it priority blocking. What we schedule we are usually more apt to complete!
3) Break a bad habit. Pick one you can break right now! When you break a habit that you have been doing for a long time, your mood will improve, and your life will become better almost instantly.
4) Eat & Drink Healthier. Let’s start with water. Try drinking half your body weight in ounces daily. Dehydration can cause us to be tired. Also, start looking at everything you put in your mouth and ask this simple question: will it clog me or cleanse me? Once you start eating healthy foods and have a balanced diet, your health will become way better and so will your life.
5) Forgive or apologize to someone. Have you hurt someone out there? Are they upset and sad over it? Has someone hurt you and would you feel better if you forgive them? I can tell you from personal experience that I did this recently and it has lifted a heavy burden from me. They say, “Refusing to forgive someone is like drinking poison expecting the other person to die!”
I hope these simple actions will be a benefit to you and the others in your life. Give them a try. If I can assist you, please don’t hesitate to reach out.
Go out and live!