When was the last time you took a recess to reassess?
Every great leader knows the value of retreat.
Retreat does not mean giving up. Retreat means pulling back – and, ideally, pulling back so you can push forward with renewed energy and fresh ideas.
Perhaps your company has grown, or you are about to launch a new product or service. Or it could be that you are facing ever stiffer competition in an increasingly tough market, and you need creative solutions. Getting your leadership team off-site may be just what you need to spark the energy and creativity required to push to new levels.
Leadership takes energy. To be at your best in your work, you must be at your best mentally and physically. The greater your responsibilities, the more important this becomes.
- Dave Ferguson
Retreats could be the key to restoring the energy required to make the changes, execute the launch, and find solutions.
There is great and tangible value in getting away, reflecting, and having objective discussions around issues and ideas, both on a team and individual level.
Where are retreats held?
Individual or group leadership retreats are available in Charlotte, NC; Hilton Head Island, SC; or at your specified location. Dave will design a leadership retreat that is based on the needs of you and your team – to effectively re-ignite and re-engage your ability to get back in the game –and to play it better than ever before.
What can group retreats do for your team and your company?
You look at your team. You know they work hard and do their best – but you feel something else is possible, something you can all reach for together.
You wonder how to re-invigorate their vision and commitment to fulfill the organization’s full potential – and their own. You wonder how to instill in them the recognition that they are the most important asset of your organization.
What you need is time to step back together and reconnect with your core competences, goals, and values. Imagine working with a highly productive team, driven by a shared vision and a deep sense of cohesion. Envision a corporate culture that brings out the best in people, one that cultivates creativity, accountability and high levels of performance.
Imagine the power of highly motivated people coming to work energized, and going home satisfied. Imagine being able to keep and foster the best talent on your team. Consider how the career satisfaction and focused energy could positively impact your company’s bottom line, and you will see the true value of a group retreat.
Designed according to your company and team needs and aspirations, Dave’s leadership retreats will...
- Guide people to unleash their core strengths and natural intelligence.
- Help leaders re-center on their own personal effectiveness and motivation, so that they can bring transformational improvements to organizational effectiveness.
- Help engender highly productive relationships between team members, where transformational learning can be leveraged into organizational results
- Properly respond to the many other challenges you face.
Before you can build, you must know and accept yourself. To sustain that building process, you must engage in interval leadership. You push to the limits every day, but you must also incorporate time to stop and reflect. Too little reflection and recharging time, and the result is executive burnout – a factor Dave deals with on a regular basis with his executive clients.
In an executive retreat, here are just some of the questions Dave will help you address.
- Do you like what you’re doing now? If not, why not?
- What would you like to do? When you tap into your passion, it gives you the E & E factor: energy and excellence.
- Can you do what you would like to do? Are you in alignment with purpose and priorities in your life?
- Do you know why you want to do what you would like to do? Doing something for the right reasons keeps life less cluttered and your path clearer. Not only is your vision clearer, but you sleep well at night knowing you’re on the right track.
Once these questions are addressed, Dave works with you as a leader to create your personal and professional game plan.
“When looking to improve my business results there was only one person to call, Dave Ferguson. Dave has extensive experience in helping people achieve beyond what they think they are capable of accomplishing. He consistently challenges me and his coaching approach is unique and successful. He took time to understand my business and professional challenges and has helped me develop a plan to continuously improve as a person and a business owner. Dave is considered an extended part of our team here at my agency.”
- Chris Burhnam | Regional Project Manager